ACT-ARS8288SHIDE is RAID subsystem controllers with duo built-in disk drives fitted in a 5.25” half-height drive bay. It can easily build RAID through connection to the hosts with IDE . Optional RAID modes are also available: PM , Upgrade RAID 1 , Scheduled Backup , and Force Backup . With Upgrade RAID 1, a master disk can be upgraded to a fault-tolerant subsystem. With Scheduled Backup, periodic backup of a hard drive can be executed automatically while the host runs the single-hard-drive mode. You can set the RAID via the LCD control panel or RAID utility.
ACT-ARS8288SHIDE RAID subsystems support XP/7/8/2000/2003 servers, Mac, and Linux. No additional installation of the device driver is required.
• Hardware designed architecture. Device driver free. Available for any device that can install the hard drive.
• HDD hot-swap. Automatic disk failure detection and online background data rebuild. Avoiding the breakdown of
two hard drives at the same time and swapping the hard drive without shutting the host
• Through Upgrade RAID 1, your data is secured even the setting configuration of RAID 1 is broken.
• Scheduled Backup allows the other disk automatically execute periodic backup while the host is running
single-hard-drive mode. It can prevent the system from collapse of two hard drives simultaneously caused
by the vibration.
• Connecting host interface to SATA or IDE
• Supporting two 2.5” SATA hard drives or SSD
• Supporting online or offline bad sector detection and recovery 
• Supporting RAID 1, PM , Upgrade RAID 1, Scheduled Backup , and Force Backup 
• Supporting SMTP(SNMP). The errors of the array can be sent to distant pc through the setting of E-mail in host pc.
• Supporting Single hard drive larger than 2000 GB is available, and total capacity is up to 20 TB
• Supporting hot-swap
• Supporting automatic backup with maximum rebuilding rate: 200 GB/h
• Supporting hard disk roaming
• Built-in 4 cm cooling fan
• Supporting power-saving mode
• Supporting delay-start of selected hard drive
• Supporting Windows/Linux/MAC monitor software
• LED statue indicators, failure indicator, and buzzing
• Supporting LCD built-in utility software. Independent operation is available.
• Volume: 17.5 cm(D) x 14.5 cm(W) x 4 cm(H)
: HDD Verify (On-line/ off-line): Offering online or offline bad sector detection and recovery of the hard drive. It can
further secure the health and data of hard drives.
: PM: Examination of two hard drives in ACT-ARS8288SHSA or ACT-ARS8288SHIDE through one SATA port is
available in this mode with one prerequisite: The SATA port of PC must support Multiplier.
: Upgrade RAID 1: The existed booting master drive will be upgraded to a fault-tolerant RAID 1 subsystem the first time
you operate. Please put the master drive on HDD1 position and the new hard drive on HDD2 position when you select
this mode. Once HDD2 is successfully rebuilt, there is no more difference between Upgrade RAID 1 and RAID 1.
: Scheduled Backup: In this mode, HDD1 and HDD2 are executed in single-drive mode. When activated, the power of
HDD2 will be cut off immediately, and HDD2 will execute backup following the customized backup period
(from 1 day to 30 days).
: Force Backup: When schedule backup mode is on, you can do an instant backup through this function.
HDD2 will rebuild the data.